Going to bed at a reasonable time each night and waking up with a positive attitude may seem almost impossible when you’re feeling busy, stressed and overwhelmed most nights.
Using nightly affirmations before bed can bring peace of mind and allow you to drift off to sleep with a positive outlook.
Are they worth trying for you and will they improve your sleep quality?
Read on to find out.
What are sleep affirmations?
Bedtime affirmations are positive thoughts and phrases that reinforce a healthy and happy attitude. They are useful for reducing bedtime anxiety while also clearing your head before starting a new day.
Nighttime affirmations include confident thoughts that banish negativity and worry from your mind before you begin to sleep and dream.
You can use them to improve your sleep quality and prepare your mindset for the next day.
Do positive affirmations work while you sleep?
Uplifting affirmations, optimistic thinking, and mindfulness techniques have positively impacted the brain.
The power behind nightly affirmations is that the brain’s dream cycle plays an important role in how we feel when we wake up each day.
Those who go to bed anxious while having nightmares are more likely to wake up feeling negative and anxious.
Listening to recorded affirmations as you fall asleep and while you sleep trains your subconscious to accept and act on the positive ideas you are feeding your brain.
The benefits of using sleep affirmations
You can implement a hopeful and optimistic dreaming and waking experience by falling asleep with positive affirmations.
Some ways that positive affirmations help with bedtime are:
Brings your focus to positive, uplifting thoughts. Minimizes feelings of worry and anxiety. Eliminates negative thoughts before sleeping/dreaming. Improves ability to fall asleep faster. Reprograms your subconscious to think more positively during the day
65 sleep affirmations for restful sleep and a better morning
If you’re struggling to get enough sleep each night, or find that you’re thinking too much which is preventing you from falling asleep, consider using the following sleep affirmations for a restful night’s sleep and better mornings.
Positive sleep affirmations
1. The day is complete. With each breath I become more relaxed and ready to sleep for the night.
2. Today I am at peace with the universe. I allow myself to go to bed undisturbed and with complete peace.
3. Tonight I effortlessly close my eyes. I will sleep peacefully through the night.
4. I am thankful for my body, mind and soul. I allow the universe to provide me with restful sleep tonight.
5. I am grateful for what today has brought me. I look forward to a brand new day tomorrow.
6. I am grateful for everything I have achieved today. I’m looking forward to giving my all again tomorrow.
7. With every breath I take before bed, I’m at peace with myself.
8. I accept who I am and where I am in life. I look forward to waking up tomorrow.
9. Today is over. I surrender it to the universe and give myself permission to have a good night’s sleep.
10. I am safe in my bed and in my sanctuary. I allow myself to rest tonight.
11. My body and mind are both ready to rest for the evening. It’s time to relax and allow myself to sleep.
12. Today I did my best. I give myself the sleep I need to feel rested and charged for tomorrow.
13. Choosing rest and relaxation over stress and worry is my priority tonight as I lay down for sleep.
14. I am thankful for my health, mind and body. I appreciate everything I have in life and look forward to waking up another day.
15. My head is full tonight. I give myself restful sleep so I’m ready for tomorrow.
Sleep affirmations for self love
16. I allow myself to heal through sleep.
17. My body deserves rest and sleep to recover and heal.
18. I am worthy of everything I have done today. I will allow myself to rest and start fresh tomorrow.
19. Tomorrow is a new day. Today is now past and behind me. I allow myself to rest peacefully tonight.
20. I love myself and the one I worked so hard for. I’ll give myself the sleep I deserve tonight.
21. I welcome a gentle, loving, accepting night’s sleep.
22. I deserve all the love and peace I want in life. I allow myself to accept these things as I fall asleep.
23. I am worthy of love and restful sleep.
24. I love myself enough to make sure I get enough sleep each night. I deserve love, care and lots of good rest.
25. I love everything about me and who I am becoming. I accept where I am on my journey at this point in my life.
26. It is important to remind myself that I am enough. i am enough
27. I welcome love and positivity as I fall asleep tonight.
28. It’s so important that I take the time to appreciate who I am and how hard I’m working to improve.
29. I accept where I am on my journey in life and give myself the rest I deserve.
30. Tonight I accept every flaw in me. i am whole I love who I am and who I am becoming.
More related articles
Do You Have These 11 Extremely Useful Traits of a Hardworking Personality?
21 extraordinary things to be passionate about this year
11 reasons why letting go is so hard and what you can do about it
Sleep Affirmations for Anxiety
31. There is no need to hold on to today. What’s done is done. Tomorrow is a whole new day.
32. I allow myself to let go of my fears and anxieties. I allow myself to sleep free from my worries.
33. The anxiety problem in my life has no power or control over me. When I go to bed tonight my mind is free and open to positive thoughts.
34. With every breath I take, I release my anxiety and fear. I breathe in positivity, optimism, focus and peace with every moment.
35. I do not allow external forces to control my thoughts, actions, or reactions.
36. My mind is peaceful and free from fear. My heart is full and overflowing with love and positive energy.
37. I allow myself to breathe calmly and deeply. I can feel the air entering and exiting my lungs peacefully.
38. Fear does not control me. I determine the direction of my thoughts.
39. I am safe and free from negative thoughts. My sleep will be comfortable, restful and pleasant.
40. I allow myself to break free from the chains of anxiety and depression. My fear doesn’t control me. I am the master of my thoughts.
41. I am worth sleeping free from anxiety and stress. Sleeping tonight will be a positive and joyful experience for me.
42. My mind is clear and today’s tasks are completed, allowing me to sleep comfortably and peacefully.
43. I choose to think positively and keep negative thoughts out of my head. I deserve to think happy thoughts.
44. I love who I am and am exactly where I am meant to be on my journey.
45. I choose to stop dwelling on the past and my fear and instead focus on the now.
Sleep Affirmations for Success
46. I am worthy of the success I desire and strive for every day.
47. I give myself a restful night’s sleep to prepare for a productive day tomorrow.
48. I am grateful for my current position, skills and abilities.
49. I am blessed to have the position and skills that I have.
50. My career is a blessing and I choose to be grateful.
51. I see challenges and obstacles as exciting rather than scary or discouraging.
52. I deserve restful sleep so I can be as productive as possible tomorrow.
53. My body and mind deserve the best when it comes to diet, exercise, and sleep.
54. Today I am grateful for everything I have achieved. I hope to have the same opportunities to be productive tomorrow.
55. I am blessed with my opportunities and my personal abilities. I will use them to the best of my ability.
56. I choose to appreciate all the blessings in my life instead of focusing on the stressors.
57. Tomorrow will be a great day of productivity and positivity.
58. Every day I wake up is a new day of exciting possibilities.
59. Every morning I wake up is truly a blessing.
60. Tomorrow I will give my all after a good night’s sleep.
How to use these bedtime affirmations
You can use these affirmations in a variety of ways for your sleep and wake goals. These ideas will help you develop the right affirmation practice that suits your needs.
Determine what your goals are. What do you want to achieve with these affirmations? Fall asleep faster? Let go of worries before bed? Or to prepare for the next day? Get clear on what you want so you can use or create the best affirmations. Prepare your sleeping environment. Whatever your goals with sleep affirmations, you need the best sleep environment to be successful. Turn off your digital devices. Make your bedroom pleasantly cool and as dark as possible. Be sure to avoid alcohol, large meals, and caffeine just before bed. Choose or create your affirmations. You can use any of the affirmations we have shared in our list. Or you can use them as idea starters to help you write your own. If you have a specific goal that we haven’t covered yet, write it from scratch using positive present tense phrases. Decide whether you want to speak or listen to the affirmations. Choose an affirmation to say quietly to yourself several times before bed and as you fall asleep. Or you could record an affirmation or a few and put them on a repeating loop to listen to throughout the night. Make sure you listen with earplugs and turn the volume down so they reach your subconscious but don’t keep you awake.
Taking the time to prepare yourself for bedtime with a few positive affirmations can help you prepare for any challenge that lies ahead.
From dealing with anxiety to battling insomnia, sleep affirmations can be an excellent tool whenever you really need it.